Line Operator - Candy Production
Dr. John's® started out withgreat tasting sugar free lollipops, solely for the dental industry, but hasgrown and innovated for 20+ years to become the most innovative and healthiestcandy manufacturer in the world!
We pride ourselves on being aninnovative candy company. Dr. John's is challenging but fun a place to work. We are looking for an individual that is motivated and looking to be a part of a growing team!
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain the cold table and lines for lollipops, discs and balls
- Operate and maintain the cold table, mixer, puller and lines for caramels and taffy
- Operate and maintain vertical batch rollers
- Change all lines over from balls to discs and change out dies for the lollipop machine
- Operate and maintain the flow wrap machine
- Manage all film for flow wrap, lollipop line and soft candy line
- Stack candy on skids
- Help bag candy by hand and machine when available to help
- Load and unload pallets when available to help
- Load and unload trucks when available to help
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires sitting, standing, walking, minimal bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must lift and/or move items up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and does not have supervisory responsibilities. Dr. John's primarily runs 1st and 2nd hour shifts, 10 hours per shift, Monday through Thursday. Starting pay is $13/hour for 1st shift with an additional $1.00/hour shift premium for those on 2nd shift.
It is the policy of Dr. John's to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Dr. John's will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.